Monday, June 27, 2011

Rift: DING! Level 40

Yep! I hit level 40 about a week back! Another milestone for me. I don't get to level 40. Ever. I've never ever been level 40 in any MMORPG ever. How's that for different?
Anyway, I never quite hit that slow spot in the upper thirties that everyone says they hit. Yeah, it got a bit slower, but that's to be expected. I remember looking at my almost-maxed experience bar at level 39 and thinking, This is it. If you can do this, you can get to level 50! You can have a maxed out character for once! Whoa!

I quested with my guildie friend Geis through my thirties and a bit through my lower forties. Following him around at 38-39 was a pain in the ass, if I do say so myself - the starter gazelle mount goes 30% slower than the lvl 40 Defiant robot-horse mount (which you can buy for outrageous prices, but I bought with favor earned in PvP warfront matches, with tons to spare). Which he had. I bought my 40 mount ahead of time and collected it as soon as I hit 40, and BAM - my life was made. Mounts are something I haven't ever gotten to do, but this? This was like... MMORPG GLORY.

Okay, now that I'm off that high...

My robot horse is a girl, and she's named Audrey. Unfortunately, when I hit level 50 in just three more levels, she's going to be discarded for a super-expensive level 50 platinum eldritch mount who will probably be a boy but I don't have a name for yet (attachment, much?). Apparently the level 50 PvP mount takes forever to get because it's based entirely on the Battle of Port Scion, the 50 warfront, which obviously you don't get until 50... and by the way, newbie level-50s get completely stomped in warfronts until they get geared up. Not looking forward to that, though I have fallen out of my warfront-junkie phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment