Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm going to maybe replay DA:O.

It all depends on if I can fit the whole game in the free time I'll have between now and mid-July when my birthday is, because I'm definitely expecting Dragon Age 2. Between this and Rift, I'm not sure how well that's going to go.

In the meantime, I'm going to continue to play as Elissa Cousland, my Human Noble rogue. Alistair is going to be my tank, as usual (what's with all the tanks at the beginning? Alistair, the dog, Sten?). Morrigan is going to be my mage until I do the Circle of Magi quest, which will probably be the first one I do so that I can get the blood mage spec in the Redcliffe quest and get Wynne, who'll be my mage after that... a healer. I hate AI healing, like I've said, but oh well.

I played through the irritating first "dungeon," the Tower of Ishal, and only died once on the boss (yay!) after figuring out that I should, actually, keep the add-on Circle Mage alive. I discovered the wonder of bow-and-arrow rogues, but didn't put much stock in it after giving myself that second weapon set. I also discovered the wonder of venoms, poisons, and bombs. But they're not all that efficient for quick, strategy-less damage. Speaking of which, the only way that I won the Tower of Ishal boss on the second try was that I kited him around the room with only my dog still alive, besides myself, of course, and he pretty much just went to town on him until the ogre got tired of chasing me around and knocked him out. Then I just kept kiting and threw acid at him until his last two specks of HP were dissolved. Easy enough, I suppose.

I don't really like Morrigan... like, really don't like her. But I'll put up with her for now, because I need her to not leave me for now. Even if she does leave, she'll come back at the end... shudder, shudder. But really I just need her for hexes and ice spells right now. In the meantime, I AM going to finish this run-through, as my elf mage. I'm so close! But ugh... I'm tired of being a squishy mage. I die... ALL... the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment