Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DAO: Return after a while.

I dropped Dragon Age: Origins for more than a month, maybe more than two months, right after the Landsmeet. Now, I'm right in the thick of the battle against the Darkspawn in Denerim with Alistair, Leliana, and Wynne.

I've decided that if I ever play this through again, I'm playing as a mage spirit healer. UGH. Wynne cannot do the job right. AIs should not be healers, ever. And that sucks, because I wanted to do a different origin story next time around. I'm basically a damage and crowd control mage the way I am now. (Elven mage. Apparently the most hated origin in the game...)

Leliana keeps dying, Alistair keeps dying, I keep dying, Wynne almost never dies... what's with that? She can't heal the rest of us worth anything, but she stays alive? I keep messing with the tactics for Wynne, but nothing helps.

Anyway,  I'm so close to the end. Here's a quick summary of how the game's gone for me so far, so we're all on the same page (spoiler alert!):

  • An elven mage, I had the "Magi" origin story
  • I won Redcliffe support by healing the Arl (?) after killing his son
  • I won elven support by releasing the werewolves from their curse
  • I won dwarven support by putting the inheritor on the throne (not the prince)
  • I won templar support after (almost) succeeding at saving the mages
  • I'm on good terms with Morrigan and Wynne
  • I'm on really good terms with Alistair, Leliana, Fenris (my dog), Zevran, and Sten
  • I'm in a romantic relationship with Alistair
  • I put the existing queen on the Denerim throne at the Landsmeet
  • I let Alistair execute that one guy who was going to be a Grey Warden but wasn't.
 And now there are dragons, and one of us was going to die, but Morrigan offered to do that frightening ritual, and I stared at the screen in agony for ten minutes (What do I do? Let Alistair die? No, I like him despite his squishiness! Sacrifice myself?! Awesome, but... I want a good epilogue... Make Alistair sleep with Morrigan? What, now I'm dropping ALL my morals?!) before finally making him sleep with Morrigan through my awesome powers of Persuasion. Having the silver tongue is highly beneficial, I swear.

Well, maybe. Depends how that works out.

Oh, and then I forgot to put Morrigan in my final party, so I don't know if it'll still actually happen. (Insert head-desk.) So I'm going to have to make the final blow, because better I die a hero, everyone celebrating me and billions of people writing my name in all of the history books, than lose Alistair. Because I'm sentimental like that. Poor me.

But at this point, all I really want is the epilogue. I want to know how everything turned out, who died, who lived, who went on with their life and did great things. Especially, I want to know what happens to Alistair and Leliana, and if all goes smoothly, myself (duh on that one).

Oh, and if I die, what about Fenris (again, my dog)? Poor guy. He'll be so heartbroken. And probably die. Don't Mabari hounds do that when their owners die? That's sad.

I keep dying on this battle at the foot of Fort Drakon, which is why I'm here typing. I'd hoped to just finish the game tonight, but that's not looking very optimistic. On the other hand, at least I'm getting somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment