Saturday, July 9, 2011

Flash: Rush by Nitrome

This has been out for a while, but I just now got into Nitrome games. They have this really great pixel style that I find rather addictive... yes, the style.

Even more addictive is this stupid little platformer racing game. The premise is that you flip gravity and either race to be the first to cross the finish, or (in elimination mode) shock your opponents with each lap completed until you're the last one standing.

The music is fitting and smooth, but unfortunately at this point I don't think there's gonna be much replayability with only twenty stages. It's also heavy on multiplayer. To mess around with that, I conned my brother into playing against me. He lost, of course (the poor kid's only ten), but the multiplayer version was more fun if simply because it drew us into paying attention to the other players. (And in elimination mode it's fun when you're the last two standing.)


Oh, a word to the wise: something I've learned about Nitrome games is that you really should read the "help" section before you play. Sure, you might not need help, exactly, but if you don't get off of your ego then you'll miss the whole instruction section.
Play it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment