Sunday, August 28, 2011

Flash: Feature Time of Wonder, Fun, and Excitement

Here's a couple of lovely flash/online games for you to try. ♥

(What, looking at me funny because of the heart? Look, I'm pretty girly, okay?)

Alrighty...

Deep and Blue is something I'd recommend only as an "art game," but at least it isn't the generic "retro pixel-simple" 8-bit. Frankly, what drew me to it was the music. This is an extremely short point-'n'-click puzzler, but the puzzles are easy. The best part is really just the art and some of the miniature stories each scene tells. The game, despite its claims, does not reveal the true meaning of life. The whale does get a pretty girlfriend, though.

Army of Ages is a really prettily pixeled time management game where you evolve through the ages (primeval, medieval, classic/"steampunk," modern, and futuristic) in order to fend off aliens. I played on Easy, so I can't really vouch for the difficulty (what can I say? I'm really, really bad at time management, and puzzles, and, er, everything that isn't an rpg, fighter, or shooter)... but the music is pretty awesome, the graphics are nice and clean (and colorful!), and I had fun. Completed in just under half an hour on Easy mode.




No comments:

Post a Comment