Sunday, August 28, 2011

Interlude: Games to Play

Having now finished my 896th playthrough of Mass Effect II, I turn to other games. Unfortunately with the combination of both schoolwork (classes have started again) and lack of money, there isn't much I can do right now. I'm either going to replay Dragon Age II (ALL I OWN IS BIOWARE?!), mess around with Guild Wars again, borrow my friend's copy of LIMBO (note: "borrow" or borrow? Not sure, need to look up legality), or save for and download Assassin's Creed.

Here's my thought process.

1) Dragon Age II I love this game. I truly do. It struck a place inside my heart that I find difficult to describe. It made me love Leliana all over again. It made me love Merrill all over again. It made me love Isabela... well, not all over again. (I've heard she was a prostitute of sorts in the original, Origins? Well, I probably caught a ton of STDs, 'cause my FemHawke and her totally sexed it up, even though in real life I'm pretty much a straight chick). It made me love Varric (and dwarves in general). ANYWAY. The problem is, I can't just sit on BioWare's ass and play their games forever and ever and ever. I need something new. Granted, BioWare and EA are all I own, and money's tight--but if I'm going to play another game it's gotta be a new company.

2) Guild Wars Trilogy Here's the issue. After going through the process of retrieving my account as I looked for some old-school massively-multiplayer gaming, I logged in. The graphics befuddled me; I worked past that, though. I made a new character, I played... and found it boring. Dry. Badly written, badly plotted. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Arenanet. Rift has spoiled me forever.

3) LIMBO Not a platformer fan (not good at them either), and moreover I'm not sure if taking Kate's copy is legal. I'll look into it; it depends on the usage, I think. But it's iffy, and anyway I suck at platforming. Period.

4) Assassin's Creed I and II I use Direct2Drive for my online stuff (right alongside Steam, when necessary). And I recently found a bundle pack, with the original and also ACII. I'm very interested, but frankly it's expensive and... I'm just not sure about it. I know my computer can handle it (Guild Wars Trilogy, Dragon Age II, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effects I and II, The Sims 3, and Spore all currently installed with no lag; I'm actually cleaning it out today, but only because I have nothing to do), but... well. It all depends. I'm going to take stock of my fundage and we'll see from there.

New tag: #update. Noted to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment